Taking the whole fitness journey to the next level!

Category: , , , , , ,

Wow. It's already July - aka the start of the second half of the year. There are exactly 75 days until Sept. 22nd, the official start of fall. I can't help but think about how time went by too fast. I'm also grateful for this rekindled energy I have for clean cooking and eating in my journey toward whole fitness. I feel my energy is up, my skin has received several compliments, and I even lost 2" around my waist as I've been eating cleaner. But, I'm not physically where I'd like to be just yet. 

So, I've decided to take my journey to the next level with a 30-day physical challenge (which should turn to 60 days) to show myself that I CAN reach my New Years' fitness goals in this second half of the year through clean eating and a workout regimen! I'm super ecstatic because I decided to do PiYo as my physical challenge. However, I only really stick to these types of challenges if I have an accountability partner or a group of friends doing it with me in the comfort of their own homes. So, although this is documentation of my decision on this journey toward whole fitness, it's also a personal invitation for anyone to take on this challenge with me to get where they want to be physically before the end of the year!

Why I chose PiYo? 
I'm tiny, like 5'0" tiny. I left my physical performance prime in grad school when I gained 15 lbs.  I'm also a fitness class junkie. Since I was a freshmen in college, I fell in love with Zumba, Pilates, Yoga, and BodyPump; however several years of on-again off-again BodyPump left me with bulky arms I don't dig for tiny little me. Apparently, I gain muscle quickly, so I learned that the best workouts to get the toned, lean, ab-by version of me I like are Pilates and Yoga. Then, there's PiYo. You can understand my enthusiasm when I learned of PiYo at 24hr fitness, the hardcore ab and gluteal workout of Pilates with the stretch and balance of Yoga. And, it just came out in DVD this month with Chalene Johnson as the teacher with 25-45 min workouts. This is perfect for me considering I plan to travel often with my career in management consulting, so I can take PiYo with me wherever I go without needing to head to the nearest 24hr fitness class! 

Who else would enjoy PiYo?  
PiYo is a low-impact, high-intensity 60-day body transformation program. Men and women who want to get the results of an extreme program without the jumps, weights, or joint strain will find value in it. It's perfect for all fitness levels and anyone who wants to build lean muscle without the bulk. According to Beachbody, the makers of PiYo, it helps give you a great calorie burn to get rid of fat while improving those things that can help you avoid back aches, joint pain, and the other shenanigans of “getting older." You work on using your own body weight to get sleek and slender with defined arms and body. 

What are my expectations for results? 
I personally get a good sore feeling in my abs that last about 2 days every time I do a PiYo class in the gym, so I'm expecting a faster transformation in my midsection especially teamed with clean eating. Apparently, the PiYo challenge (including clean eating, shakeology, and PiYo workouts) has worked wonders to tone and sculpt for others who were in the pilot test group.




  






























Even guys noticed differences in their midsection!





How do you start the challenge?
Beachbody is offering a discounted PiYo Challenge Pack ($70 savings) this month since it's the first month of the launch, which includes the PiYo DVD workouts and the following free tools and gifts:
  • A Quick Start Guide
  • PiYo 60-Day Workout Calendar
  • A Get Lean Eating Plan (Yes, a FREE clean meal plan!) 
  • A Bonus Buns Workout - to get that perfect tight and round behind!
  • A Tape Measure 
  • 24/7 Online Support - for motivation anytime of day with access to proven fitness, nutrition, and motivation tips including exclusive invitations to live video chats with Chalene Johnson. 
  • A 30-Day Supply of Shakeology—"The Healthiest Meal of the Day" - I love the vegan options!
  • 30-Day Trial Membership in the Team Beachbody Club which includes so much like 10% discount on all purchases (i.e. like more Shakeology bc they're so good) and customized meal plans personalized for your goals and your body's caloric needs!
  • VIP access to your favorite trainers and Beachbody® experts, including live chats, exclusive videos, nutrition tips, and delicious recipes; Your own personal Coach for guidance and support (which would be me since we'd be each other's accountability partner!); and a message forum for extra support.

There are also other physical challenge options and you can just get the DVD without all the extra stuff if that's all you need. Should anything you buy not give you the results you expect at the end of the 60-day challenge, there is a 60-day money back guarantee. You would just call Customer Service to return the program for a full refund of the purchase price, less s&h with no questions asked (nothing to lose right!). So, I'm stoked! 

If you'd like to take the jump and do the PiYo challenge with me, I'll add you to a PiYo Challenge Group FB group, and we'll keep each other motivated and share progress throughout the journey! Since it's an entire 60-day challenge, I plan to start July 21nd to allow time for it to arrive in the mail for anyone interested and for it to finish in time for the official last STATurday of Summer, Sept 20th! However, we'll be accepting people into the group up up through August 4th, so we all get finished by the holiday season!
Here's a quick preview of what to expect from PiYo: http://m.youtube.com/watch?v=B55qJPgVj2I

Here's the link to get your own challenge pack and PiYo DVD, so we can do it together! 

If you'd like to take on a physical transformation challenge with me just comment below, send me an email, or message me on FB (Emma Rose Roldan Eremiyski) so I can add you to the Whole Fitness Community. This way you can start getting whole fitness tips and free clean detoxes and meal plans to get you started before July 21st! Let's do this!

Comments (0)

Post a Comment